Full course description
|Event Sponsor: *||Morton Sioux Special Education Unit|
|Event Contact Name: *||Carly Retterath|
|Position or Title: *||Special Education Coordinator|
|Event Contact Phone: *||(701) 516-4703|
|Event Contact Email: *||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Event Location: *||Brave Center|
|Event Start Date: *||Wednesday, September 19, 2018|
|Event End Date: *||Wednesday, November 21, 2018|
|For credit review, indicate from the list below which University of Mary school the event most closely aligns with: *||Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Science|
|Objective and Outcomes: *||• Participants will know the basic components of the TEACCH Strategy: physical structure, scheduling, and teaching methods.|
• Participants will be able to physically design their classroom so that students know where they are supposed to be and what they are supposed to be doing.
• Participants will be able to develop two levels of scheduling for their classroom: overall classroom schedule and individual student schedules.
• Participants will be able to present instruction in an organized manner that fosters independence.
|Resources/Course Materials: *||Suggested Readings:|
- Activity Schedules for Children with Autism- by Lynn E. McClannahan
- The Teacch Approach to Autism Spectrum Disorders- by Gary B. Mesibov
- Tasks Galore- by Laurie Eckenrode
- Task boxes (each teacher will receive 3)
- Pecs Pictures to create schedules
- Materials for tasks
|Attendance: *||Sign in sheet|
|Evaluation and Evidence of Learning and Application: *||Group sharing through discussion during face-to-face classes. Reflecting during individual meetings about what is working well in the teacher’s classroom and what is not.|
Each participant will be required to meet with a facilitator to discuss and demonstrate their application of what they learned in class. A meeting log will be used to track these individual meetings.