Full course description
Event sponsor: North Dakota Center for Distance Education
Event location: Online and Local Cooperating School
Event contacts and emails: Tonya Greywindemail@example.com, 701-639-2266
Event start date: Monday, June 3, 2019
Event end date: Friday, September 6, 2019
Objective and Outcomes:
- Develop consistent and highly prepared SmartLab facilitators that can facilitate learning in a student-centered learning environment.
- Demonstrate how teaching and learning are different in a hands-on, project-based learning environment that utilizes blended instruction.
- Introduce teachers to blended learning pedagogy, available resources, software, and hardware in a SmartLab.
- Provide teachers with the ability to:
- Replicate an environment that is student-centered, blended, and project based.
- Support and engage students in projects.
- Utilize performance-based assessments for measuring student achievement.
Description & Purpose of Event:
- The North Dakota SmartLab Facilitator Training course will prepare North Dakota's SmartLab facilitators for working with students in a student-centered, blended instructional setting. Students in the course will learn how to facilitate learning in a project-based classroom that blends online curriculum with hands-on projects.