Teachers will identify student strategic activity during reading and design and implement prompting to support students' independent use of effective strategies.
• Observe students and teachers working “behind the glass” to better understand reading development and the teachers’ role.
• Identify strategic activity while students are in reading and from analysis of running records
• Infer student knowledge based on reading behaviors
• Identify reading problem-solving strengths and needs of readers
• Design and apply powerful prompts that will lead to effective and independent problem solving
• Engage in coaching students as they reader “behind the glass”
• Knowledge and skills learned will empower teachers to increase student achievement in reading
August 9, 10, 11 8:30 – 5pm (8 hrs. with 30 min lunch x 3 =24 hrs.)
September 21 4:00 – 7:00 pm (3 hrs.)
October 17 4:00 – 7:00 pm (3 hrs)
Event Contact: Mrs. Deb Klootwyk