Full course description
Event sponsor: North Dakota Center for Distance Education
Event location: Online and Local Cooperating School
Event contacts and emails: Matthew Lonnfirstname.lastname@example.org and Tonya Greywindemail@example.com
Event start date: Monday, June 4, 2018
Event end date: Friday, September 7, 2018
Objective and Outcomes:
- Develop consistent and highly prepared SmartLab facilitators that can facilitate learning in a student-centered learning environment.
- Demonstrate how teaching and learning are different in a hands-on, project based learning environment that utilizes blended instruction.
- Introduce teachers to blended learning pedagogy, available resources, software, and hardware in a SmartLab.
- Provide teachers with the ability to:
- Replicate an environment that is student centered, blended, and project based.
- Support and engage students in projects.
- Utilize performance based assessments for measuring student achievement.
Description & Purpose of Event:
- The North Dakota SmartLab Facilitator Training course will prepare North Dakota's SmartLab facilitators for working with students in a student-centered, blended instructional setting. Students in the course will learn how to facilitate learning in a project based classroom that blends online curriculum with hands on projects.