Full course description
The other focus of the project’s assessment will be directed at understanding the impact and use of OERs with student populations. It is important to understand how students use their course materials and if the use of OERs does not impact their course use, then their implementation within the course should not negatively impact student performance. Since it is expected that this project has the potential to impact retention, BSC’s Retention Coordinator will work with the Assessment Coordinator to assess the following:
• Student course material use patterns in classes with or without OERs
• Student perceptions as they relate to their course materials (traditional materials and OERs)
• Comparisons of standard course outcomes across courses with traditional and OER materials
• Comparison of course completion results across courses with traditional and OER materials
• Calculation of student savings as they relate to OER integration or high school/district savings for specific Early Entry courses.
Results of this work will be used to improve future college offerings and/or implementation of OERs. Additionally, these results could also inform other state or regional community colleges should faculty seek to present their results in a sharing forum.
Bismarck State College
Event Start Date:
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Event Start Time:
Event End Date:
Wednesday, June 28, 2017
Event End Time: