Full course description
|Event Sponsor: *||Bismarck Public Schools|
|Event Contact Name: *||Lindsey Dirk|
|Position or Title: *||Special Education Coordinator|
|Event Contact Phone: *||(701) 323-4004|
|Event Contact Email: *||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Event Location: *||BPS Facilities and Transportation Building|
|Event Start Date: *||Tuesday, October 2, 2018|
|Event End Date: *||Wednesday, October 10, 2018|
|For credit review, indicate from the list below which University of Mary school the event most closely aligns with: *||Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Science|
|Objective and Outcomes: *||Participants will learn to:|
1. Identify behavior levels that contribute to development of a crisis and know appropriate intervention for each level.
2. Use verbal techniques to de-escalate behaviors.
3. Demonstrate personal safety techniques taught in class.
4. Understand and develop team intervention strategies and techniques.
5. Demonstrate physical control and restraint positions to be implemented when necessary as a last resort.
|Resources/Course Materials: *||Workbook, PPT, Articles, Videos|
|Attendance: *||Sign in Sheet|
|Evaluation and Evidence of Learning and Application: *||A three page paper entitled: How this class will impact my future work with students with aggressive behavior will be completed by participants. This paper will address overview of the class, review of articles, and reflection on content of class, and new strategies that will be implemented as a result of this class. Participants must also take a post-test before being certified to establish a base level of competency in understanding crisis intervention.|